- Big Other features another batch of smart folks, including Penina Roth and Dawn Raffel, talking about their favorite things from 2011.
- If you’re curious about Misha Glouberman and Sheila Heti’s The Chairs Are Where The People Go, the LA Review of Books has a review of and a podcast about the book in question.
- The Outlet reports from the Portland, Oregon release party for Martha Grover’s One More for the People.
- Helen DeWitt’s excellent first novel The Last Samurai is apparently out of print.
- At Beatrice, Ron Hogan writes about translator Marian Schwartz.