At the LA Review of Books, Julie Cline on the novels of Charles Portis.
- Tomorrow evening, as organizer Brandon Stosuy puts it: “Samuel R. Delaney vs. Wolf Eyes on a rooftop in Chelsea.“
- NYRB Classics will be reissuing a number of Kingsley Amis’s novels. Sweet.
- Carey Mercer’s Blackout Beach project will have a new album out in November, titled Fuck Death.
- Edward Champion on the film Red Desert: “…reminds us of those halcyon days when filmmakers strewed their streets with serious trash and rolled up their sleeves to accentuate abject locales.”
- Colin Meloy’s YA novel Wildwood will be adapted for the screen.