The Boston Globe takes a look at An Emergency in Slow Motion, the book by author William Todd Schultz. The book look at Diane Arbus and “the motives behind her lifelong obsession with freaks and misfits, her ambitions, and the triggers that may have led to her suicide.” We heard it’s the feel good hit for this holiday weekend.
- Emily St. John Mandel on the life and works of Irène Némirovsky.
- Chloe Caldwell follows Adam Wilson around Hudson, New York, and gets him to admit that he likes Vol. 1 Brooklyn.
- Dan Fante talks about some of the music that inspired him to write Fante: A Family’s Legacy of Writing, Drinking and Surviving at Largehearted Boy.
- Brandon Stosuy resurrects his Show No Mercy column at Pitchfork. His first piece is an interview with controversial one-man black metallist Leviathan.
- A boxing Welshman gets his just due.