- The Christine O’Donnell tour for her book, Making America Great Again, brought the woman who is not a witch to Piers Morgan’s show on CNN, where she ended up walking out during the interview because Morgan was asking her questions about things covered in her book.
- Roxane Gay’s brilliant essay at The Rumpus on The Help is your longread assignment of the day.
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel picks Saul Bellow’s The Adventures of Augie March for the city’s One Book, One Chicago program.
- A 1984 video of a post-Birthday Party, pre-Bad Seeds Nick Cave fronted group known as The Cavemen.
- Nice to wake up to news of a new Cass McCombs album.