We forgot this one from two days ago, but since we’ve opened each day with Bret Easton Ellis, we might as well act like it’s part of an ongoing theme, so here is a list of “Yuppie lit.” (And yes, American Psycho is included, but the Yuppie Handbook is not.)
- Charles Dickens: the online magazine.
- Our old pal Amy Klein talks to The Awl. When you’re done reading that, maybe read the essay on Patti Smith she wrote for us last year.
- Remember when people used to write postcard to each other? Somebody at NYRB does.
- Why are people so fascinated with stories of men living alone in the wilderness?
- Here’s a picture of designer Billy Reid holding a bunch of books that we suspect he’s using just for decoration. Also, music he likes.