Maud Newton looks at Raymond Chandler’s “Writers in Hollywood” for Nieman Storyboard.
- “If we’re serious about having a well-educated society, then we think books and learning should be what is prominent, accessible, and all around us.” The Uni Project’s plan for a portable, open-air reading room sounds pretty fantastic.
- Pitchfork reports that Hot Snakes are reuniting for at least one show.
- In news of new Brooklyn presses: Patasola Press, who are “dedicated to printing unique poetry and prose,” with a book out from Rae Bryant and more forthcoming from the likes of J.A. Tyler.
- Speaking of J.A. Tyler, here he is on Peter Markus’s I Shot the Moon.
- Earlier this month, Seth Fried took part in a reading we put on at Book Thug Nation; his story “The Great Frustration” can now be read at Fifty-Two Stories.
- Gabrielle Gantz revisits William Gibson and Bruce Sterling’s The Difference Engine.