- Ami Greko weighs in on the current discussion on Pottermore and bookstores charging for events with what looks to us like a deeply rational response.
- Emily St. John Mandel takes a look at the work of Maira Kalman: “…a record of what seems to me to be a ceaseless quest to understand this world, to appreciate its beauty, and to create some record of her life.”
- Roger Ebert revisits Terence Malick’s Badlands.
- At Pitchfork, Eric Grandy reviews the latest from Shabazz Palaces: “For all his recent (relative) forthrightness, Butler is still fascinated by art’s ability to communicate what conversations cannot.”
- If you’d like some in-depth analysis of beloved British science-fiction comics, might we suggest Douglas Wolk on Judge Dredd?