- Three Guys One Book: “Where have all the cowboys gone? Has literature isolated itself from a bigger cultural context?” Dave Eggers, Zadie Smith, Dennis Johnson, Gary Shteyngart, and the New York Times bestsellers of 1943 all make cameos.
- Jacket Copy asks: “How much of (Raymond) Carver’s “minimalist” style was a byproduct of (Gordon) Lish’s editing?” This 1997 New Yorker article provided as reference, and this review of the Library of America release of “Raymond Carter: Collected Stories” might shed sufficient light.
- I became slightly obsessed with Jon Ronson through his contributions on This American Life, and get pretty excited when I see he has something up at The Guardian. His latest is about contributing to the long-running British comic, The Beano.
- Are Bjork and Barney kaput?
- Oh, look at that, Nick Hornby likes Largehearted Boy. I know this all because of the piece he wrote on music blogs.